|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
Airport Commission Meeting February 27, 2018
Meetings & Notices
The North Adams Airport Commission will hold its monthly meeting
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 @ 4:15 p.m. in the Council Chambers 1st floor at City Hall the agenda is as follows;
Tuesday February 27th, 2018
3.) Airport Manager’s Report:
4.) Project Updates:
5.) Alex Kelly ( Business Proposal):
7.) Open Forum:
Minutes, Tuesday February 27th, 2018
Chairman Armand Paul Boillat, called meeting of the North Adams Airport
Commission to order @ 4:15 p.m. in the Council Chambers 1st floor, City Hall.
PRESENT: Armand Paul Boillat Interim , Chairman
ABSENT: Marc Morandi
AIRPORT MANAGER’S REPORT:
Old Business Update:
- The power line to the fuel farm was repaired. The section of the feed from the manhole south of the fuel farm electrical shed to the shed was found to have chaffed insulation and that section of the line was replaced. Hopefully that will be the end of the issue.
- 99% of the tree clearing associated with the state-wide vegetative management program was completed successfully and looks great. The remaining work will happen tomorrow and is the removal of the large trees just north of Turbo's storage hangar.
City Yard Requests / Resolutions:
- A request was made to remove the agricultural tire discovered east of the south hangar when the trees were cut.
Ramp Tie-Down Aircraft:
- No issues but we are accumulating a list of folks from PSF and DDH that are requesting them.
- Numerous (I think over 30!) wx related plus tree work NOTAM
Accidents / Incidents:
Complaints / Reports Filed:
Maintenance and Security Monitoring:
- Some issues with trespassing at and around the T-Hangar construction area
Av Gas Tank reading: 2,280 gallons
Used since last report: 630 gallons
Av Gas Price per Gallon: $4.50
New England average price per gallon: $5.29
New England lowest price per gallon: $3.99
New England highest price per gallon: $7.99
National average: $4.91
National lowest price per gallon: $3.30
National highest price per gallon: $8.95
Project Updates: ( Stantec): Peter Enzien brought the commission up to date on the ongoing hangar project. The 2017 AIP project –upgrade vehicle gates.. The key pad and lighting on the gates were an issue they kept freezing up and the lighting on the key pad was dull. They have now replaced the key pad and replaced the lighting with LED lights. All is good with this. The project is complete at this point, we are waiting for Peter Enzien to schedule the final inspection with the Mass DOT and the FAA. Change order #3 on the Pilot’s lounge almost complete. There is some finish work to be done Mirror, door sweeps and they had to re-do the flooring. Timing on this should be finished by 3-3-18.
Alex Kelly (Business Proposal & LEASES:
Leases: The airport Commission agreed to take NO ACTION on all business proposals or leases until the lease/rental system has been re-vamped. We hope to be able to this in March and there have been a number of people who have come forward and have expressed interest in the hangars and office space, Chairman Paul Boillat said at the meeting. We need to thoroughly review everyone’s proposal. The commission has two new board members appointed this month and would like to get everyone up to date on these leases and proposals.
Open Forum: Alex Kelly wanted to seek permission to operate a flight school at the airport. The commission said this would be discussed with the other proposals.
Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Shaun and seconded by Marc