|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
North Adams Traffic Commission MeetingJanuary 14, 2019
Meetings & Notices
NORTH ADAMS TRAFFIC COMMISSION
The North Adams Traffic Commission will hold a regular meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the second floor conference room at City Hall.
The agenda will be as follows:
1. Discussion of speed limits and enforcement on Ashland, Eagle and Pleasant Streets.
Tabled from last meeting.
2. Center Street Parking Lot – Permit pricing and options for entrance off Rt. 2 to make it less dangerous to cross there.
3. St. Anthony Parking Lot – Handicapped parking spaces.
4. Purchasing permits after hours. – Update
5. Barbour St. /Phelps Avenue concerns – Stop Sign, Speeding and red light violations.
North Adams Traffic Commission
Tammy Daniels- i-Berkshires
Start Time: 6:31pm
1. Ashland St- more speed limit signs have been put in place. Eagle St. and Pleasant St.- NAPD monitored traffic for several days, intermittently, Forward Letter from Ltnt. to Council, may be taken care with new MA Law in regards to lowering speed limits. Talk further in regards to this when comes to Council. Motion by Dave to forward letter from Ltnt. To Council and see what if anything comes back to us/wait on feedback from Council, seconded by Eric, all in favor.
2. Center Street Parking Lot
a. Permit Pricing- MaryAnn discussion with chief of police- prices haven’t gone up in 10 years, - Chief’s recommendation- 45.00 for over night parking per month, 40.00 per month for day time parking only- considered prime parking. Motion (Dave)- Follow recommendations of NAPD Chief- Day Time Parking Permit increased to 40.00/month and a 24/7 permit increase to 45.00, Effective Date: July 1, 2019, motion seconded (Amanda), all in favor.
b. Rt. 2 Entrance and Crosswalk-Motion (Dave) to file agenda item, seconded (Eric), all in favor.
3. St. Anthony’s- Handicap Spaces- no buildings in St. Anthony’s Lot, usually have in a parking lot to get people closer to a building, no legal requirement. Motion by Dave, file agenda item, seconded by MaryAnn, all in favor.
4. Purchasing Permitting After Hours- Parking Chief, Mayor and MaryAnn met- working to have this be an option online, as well as maps of when and where to park (seasonal). MaryAnn waiting for map from UniBank. When City Hall is closed and on weekends, accepting permits purchases at NAPD, temporarily. MaryAnn has been communicating with residents. UPDATE. Motion by Dave to table to February meeting for an update on future status, Seconded by Amanda, all in favor.
5. Barbour St./Phelps Ave speed concerns- proper signage and lighting in place, enforcement issue, NAPD aware of issue, shifts have been told to visit that area various times throughout the day. Traffic Commission is not responsible for enforcement. Motion by Amanda to file this agenda item, seconded by Dave, all in favor.
Motion to Adjourn at 6:58pm, seconded, all in favor