Public Records Requests
- Public Records Request Form
- By e-mail to the RAO at PublicInfoReq@northadams-ma.gov.
- By first class mail addressed to the Records Access Officer, City of North Adams, City Hall, 10 Main Street, North Adams, MA 01247.
- In person at North Adams City Hall, 10 Main Street, North Adams, MA 01247.
- Requester’s name, address, email address and telephone number (not required for in-person requests).
- A reasonable description of the record(s) sought, containing specific dates and supporting information which will allow the Records Access Officer and other city staff to identify and locate the record(s).
Some records maintained by the City are exempt from disclosure. If such records are requested, the Records Access Officer will deny the request and will notify the requestor of the reason(s) for the denial. Categories of exempt records include, but are not limited to, student records; certain vital records; criminal record information; personnel or medical files; records that would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy; certain investigatory law enforcement materials; or proposals and bids prior to the award of a contract.
- Five cents ($0.05) per page of black and white printouts or copies.
- The actual cost for duplication of records not susceptible to ordinary means of reproduction, such as color copies and large format plans.
- A maximum of $25 per hour for employee time needed to identify, locate, and compile the records requested.
- The actual cost for storage devices or materials (e.g., thumb/flash drives).
- Postage fees (where applicable).